Mirchi Bajji with Masala or Masala mirchi Bajji or Mirapakaya Bajjilu
Mirchi (special mirchi bajji mirchi) : 10 to 12
Sesame seeds : 1 1/2 to 2 table spoons
Dried coconut powder ; 1 table spoon
Coriander seeds : 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds : 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Tamarind juice : 2 table spoons
Gram flour : 2 cups
Rice flour : 1/4 cup
Baking soda : A pinch
Vegetable oil : oil to deep frying
1. Roast sesame seeds, coriander seeds.
2. Take sesame seeds, coriander leaves, coconut powder, cumin seeds, salt in a jar and grind in to smooth powder, add tamarind juice. Mix well and keep in aside.
3. Wash and dry them green chilli, cut the bottom end and make a slit length wise in the middle with a knife or a spoon and remove seeds.
4. Put the chillies in the salted boiled water for 30 seconds. This will reduce little spiciness of the mirchi.
5. Stuff the mirchi with above mirchi masala.
Preparation of the batter:
6. Make besan batter by mixing gram flour, rice flour, 1/2 tea spoon salt and baking powder in a bowl, add water and prepare thick batter.
7. Heat oil in a deep bottomed kadai, once the oil is hot, dip the mirchi bajjis in batter one by one and gently drop from the sides of kadai and fry until light golden color. Remove it. Let it cool for few seconds. Again put the mirchi bajji in the hot oil to get golden color, remove from the oil, let it cool for a minute to get the real taste.
Serve with onion slices(chopped the onion and mix with salt and lemon juice). This is a favourite evening snack in Andra.