Andhra Egg Pulusu (Kodiguddu pulusu)
Onion: 3 cups
Red chilli powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Salt: to taste
Garam masala: 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder: 1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic crushed paste: 1/4 tsp
Tamarind: 1 big lemon size (If you want more gravy add some more tamarind)
turmeric: A pinch
Coconut powder, or Peanut powder; 1 table spoons
Vegetable oil: 2 table spoons
Cumin seeds: 1/4 tsp
Cilantro : to garnish (optional)
Curry leaves: few (Optional)
Egg pulusu is my favorite dish. This recipe is very simple but very tasty.
1. Hard boil eggs. Remove the shell, Pierce the eggs with knife and keep it aside (This will make eggs to absorb pulusu).
2. Take a lemon size tamarind and soak in warm water and make the juice.
3. In a wide bowl add oil and then add red chilli, cumin seeds, curry leaves. Once they pop add ginger garlic paste, onion and fry it well.
4. Add red chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala powder, salt, tamarind juice, coconut powder and 3 cups of water, and boil for five minutes. Then add boiled eggs into the gravy and then close the bowl with lid and simmer about 5 to 10 minutes until it becomes thick. Stir occasionally to make sure the gravy does not stick to the pan.
5. Turn off the heat. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Yummy pulusu is ready to eat. It goes well with biryani, plain rice, and chapathi.